|Address||Brands Hatch Circuit, Fawkham, Longfield, Kent, DA3 8NG|
|Where is Brands Hatch located?||51°21′24″N 0°15′45″E|
Brands Hatch was originally a Mushroom field and was spotted by cyclists on a 125 mile tour in 1926. They asked the farmer if they could use the field to practice on due to the cotours of the land – he agreed, the rest is history.
In 1928 motorcyclists used the circuit and there was the first competitive race there, although it was between cyclists and cross country runners.
Motorsport started at Brands Hatch after the end of the second world war, a stadium being built in 1947 and the track improved to allow motor cars in 1950.
Brands Hatch hosted the British Grand Prix for the first time in 1965 and was to hold it every other year, alternating with Silverstone until 1986.
Brands Hatch now concentrates on motorbike racing.