|Velyka Vasylkivska str. 55, Kiev, Ukraine
|FC Dynamo Kiev
|L. V. Pilvinsky
|8,195 (Season 2017 – 2018)
|102,000 (Dynamo Kyiv-Bayern Munich, 16 March 1977)
|Who is the owner of NSC Olimpiyskiy?
|Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine
|105 m by 68 m
|Where is NSC Olimpiyskiy located?
The Olympic Stadium is the Ukrainian largest football arena. It delivers a full pack of award-winning facilities out of the box, making local, and away fans feel at home. The stadium boasts a simple seating chart. So, you are very unlikely to get lost even if you visit the Olympic Stadium for the first time.
The arena is divided into four main sectors:
- Sector A is the main section of the stadium located on the West Side. It hosts VIP seats for special guests.
- Sector B is the home for Dynamo Kiev most passionate supporters. It boasts the cheapest ticket prices although it still delivers an award-winning view from NSC Olimpiyskiy seats.
- Sector C is located opposite the main section of the stadium. The prices are usually a bit higher if compared with Sectors B and D. However, the section boasts probably the best view from NSC Olimpiyskiy seats for spectators.
- Sector D is generally for guest visitors. Put ease on your wallet and take advantage of the great view and amazing match day experience as a guest team fan.
Note: smoking and drinking alcohol is prohibited. You can buy only non-alcoholic drinks and snacks inside the stadium bowl.
View from my seat
Have you ever purchased tickets to a spectacular event only to be disappointed that your seat has an obstructed view? In most cases, we buy tickets without the ability to research this important aspect. I hope that the View from My Seat feature will solve this issue for my readers. Choose any sector from the drop-down menu below. Immediately you’ll find out what kind of view you can expect from a certain point of the stadium.
Ticket Compare is among the most trusted and reputable services to buy tickets. The price here will certainly be a bargain, especially for those from the eurozone. The online service itself is fast, safe and easy-to-use.
The official website delivers online purchasing opportunities as well. If you have already arrived and still do not have an electronic ticket, feel free to visit the ticket office available 7 days a week. The working hours are as follows: 10.00 am – 7.00 pm. The following contact information may also come in handy:
- Football tickets: +38 044 337 10 02
- Lost and found: +38 044 590 67 51
- E-mail: N.Yurieva@nsc-olimpiyskiy.com.ua
- Address: Velyka Vasylkivska str. 55, Ukraine, Kyiv, 03150
NSC Olimpiyskiy ticket prices usually range from 35 to 400 UAH. It means that both the Premier League and the European League matches will cost the same price.
The seating price chart is as follows:
- Tribune A and C Upper: 130.00 – 170.00 UAH;
- Tribune A and C Lower: 350.00 – 400.00 UAH;
- Curva B and D Upper: 50.00 UAH;
- Curva B and D Lower: 35.00 UAH.
Note: At the time of writing this particular passage, 100 UAH (Ukrainian national currency) is equal to 3.8 USD.
Trip.com offers some niche-matching hotels for different budgets. It will guarantee a safe and reliable shelter during your stay.
Kiev is far from being an expensive European city. Even the poshest hotels in the borough will look like a good deal. However, for those with limited budgets here is a list of cheap hotels near NSC Olimpiyskiy:
- Magic Bus Hostel – located 10 minutes from Ploshcha Lva Tolstoho metro station, this tidy hostel offers double rooms costing £20 per night. Apart from a great location, the place boasts a panoramic view.
- Yak Olympic Hostel – located right next to the football arena, this hostel features professional and hospitable staff according to reviews. Visitors can choose from a separate double room as well as share the room with ten other guests for only £5.
- Evropeyskiy – features a higher visitors rating. It’s a nice location near the stadium. The place has great service for less than £24.
- Royal Olympic – despite a lower rating, the hotel is still not far from the arena. The service and rooms are pretty good, considering only £56 per night for a place in a hotel.
More demanding guests calling for comfort, high-quality services, and extended facility will appreciate the list of high-rated hotels:
- Greguar Hotel – located 5 minutes’ walk from the Olympic Stadium. A modern hotel right in the city centre next to Khreschatyk. A double room will cost you £116. A good option for one night in Kiev.
- Park Inn by Radisson – located 300 meters form Olympiyskiy Stadium, surrounded by numerous cafes, restaurants and attractions. It will take you about 30 minutes walk to get to St Volodymr’s Cathedral, Lavra and other historical places. The staff speaks foreign languages, including English and German. A standard double room here will cost you £172 per night.
- Premier Hotel Rus – the venue offer transfers from airport or railway stations, non-smoking rooms, free wi-fi and other facilities. The breakfast is included in the price which starts from £54.
How to get to
Located 1.5 miles south of the city centre, NSC Olimpiyskiy is rather easy to find. Whether you are travelling by car or public transport, check the nearest tube and bus stops.
By Tube – Kiev is a developed European city and boasts its decent metro network. Try to remember the nearest train stations to Dynamo Kiev Stadium: the Olimpiyska (the Blue M2 line) or the Palats Sportu (the Green M3 line). Both can be closed on the match day. This is where Palats “Ukraine” (Blue M2 line) and Klovska (Green M3 line) might be used as an alternative nearest tube to NSC Olimpiyskiy. The tube costs only £0,2.
By Bus – the best bet is to take the #40 bus that goes from the downtown right to the stadium. One bus trip will cost you £0,15. The price is the same for any public transport except for the tube.
By Trolleybus – follow the routes number 3 and 40.
By Car – those who get to Kiev by car will hardly face any difficulties when getting to the stadium. Just insert the address and follow the driving tips. I will only remind the exact location of the stadium: Velyka Vasylkivska str. 55, Kiev, Ukraine.
By Train – all trains passing through the Ukrainian capital from abroad arrive at the central railway station. Vokzalnaya is the nearest tube station. It is several steps from the station. Just follow the crowd.
By Plane – Kiev and Borispol airports accept international flights daily. The price may range depending on the destination.
Safe parking in the centre of Kiev on a matchday can be a tricky task. However, there is always a solution. The approximate matchday paid parking price near the sports venue in Kiev is £4.
Eating out nearby
As it was noted, alcohol at the stadium is prohibited as well as smoking. Here are several options, including not just typical sports pubs but also some places to hang out after the match.
Pubs, bars & cafes
While football is all about great beer and a friend or two watching match with you, I provide some top pubs and bars near NSC Olimpiyskiy. You can find them on a map above. Check some top options rated by locals and visitors from abroad. All venues highlight a good reputation on the web in addition to a wide food & drink selection, high-level foodservice and more.
- ProRock – great atmosphere to make a good start before heading the stadium. Nice rock music featuring classical hits, wide food selection from seasonal salads to brutal steaks. Oh, right. And beer, lots of beer in addition to straight offerings.
- O’Briens – Cheers! That’s actually what they say in a classic sports bar. Here you can have rest watching a match, Moto GP or even rugby! They highlight all stunning sports events featuring a pint of traditional picks of dedicated beer gourmets. The average check is lower than £16. It’s a bargain for good beef steak and a couple of pints.
- Naturlich – a funny name reflects the atmosphere of the venue. Over 36 types of beer on tap are waiting for you! The selection is overwhelming, even for the most dedicated gourmets. Moderate prices and good service are guaranteed.
For more demanding gourmets, I have conducted a list of top 3 restaurants near the stadium. Some of them will introduce Ukrainian traditions while others will involve you in the alcoholic journey in the world of whisky. Prepare for a hangover!
- Whisky Corner – the venue boasts probably the widest selection of straight alcohol you’ve ever seen! The menu is rather versatile featuring traditional European offerings based on meat and seasonal products.
- Pervak – the venue is the best destination to spend time like a real Ukrainian. Vodka, borscht, vareniky – what else do you need?
Things to see at the stadium
When it does not come to the match day, the arena still has something to offer. Once you are an entertainment seeker, you can take advantage of the Stadium tour, visit local museum or buy some souvenirs at the official FC Dynamo Kiev Store.
Visitors can choose from several programs for different budgets. The first one lets you enter the arena and look behind the curtains. The excursion includes visiting the pitch and football players’ changing room.
Or you can order a VIP photo session for you and your friends. That option will certainly make your day with the brightest memories and photos right from the stadium!
Want to feel yourself a big banana and visit the arena like a VIP? The stadium offers special VIP tours highlighting all hidden corners that only chosen ones can see. The excursion includes golf cars for transportation, both individuals and small groups.
All tours are available four days a week all year round without any exceptions. As a rule, each program lasts not more than 50 minutes. Each stadium tour starts at:
- 11 a.m.;
- 1 p.m.;
- 3 p.m.;
- 5 p.m.
The tour price ranges from 25 UAH for daily events to 250 UAH for VIP tours. Feel free to book a tour via this phone number: +38 044 590 66 96.
Launched in 2013, NSC Olimpiyskiy museum is dedicated mainly to the local football club. It offers a set of expositions depicting FC Dynamo Kyiv trophies, legendary players and the Hall of Fame. The museum replicates over a 90-year club history with some unique data and trophies to explore.
NSC Olimpiyskiy club shop is available both online and at the stadium itself. Here visitors can purchase sports goods related to FC Dynamo Kiev as well as buy souvenirs from the official merchandise of the Ukrainian national team.
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9.00 am – 6.00 pm
For more information, feel free to phone the store on +38 (063) 148-55-55.
Things to do in Kiev
Kiev is a great city from attraction perspectives. It offers plenty of sightseeing opportunities. The capital of Ukraine features great architecture, monuments and places of interest that are certainly worth visiting.
Start exploring the city through numerous sightseeing tours. Are you visiting the place for the first time? The hop-on-hop-off trip would be a good idea to see all general places of interest that have become a signature of the Ukrainian capital. Provided by numerous operators, they are available 24/7 and typically include ten general sightseeing objects. As a rule, such trips will hardly cost you more than £12. Or you can opt for more topical attractions. Kiev offers a great selection of entertaining programs for different tastes, whether you want to visit local craft shops or shooting tours.
Top 3 places to visit
Andriyivskyy Descent – the most spectacular street in Kiev. It reflects the original architecture and spirit of old times. Here you can visit Bulgakov Museum in addition to traditional Ukrainian cafes, souvenir shops and more.
Kiev Pechersk Lavra – probably the most astonishing Monastery you have ever seen! Founded in 1051, it consists of the cave system and appears to be the centre of global Christianity. Visitors may choose from the group and individual programs. The price starts from 40 UAH (about £1).
Maidan Nezalezhnosti – the central square that is popular around the globe. It launches the main street in Kiev as well as the place for traditional holiday gatherings, shows, and other actions.