|Address||Per Henrik Lings Allé 2, DK-2100 Østerbro, Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Club||FC København, Denmark national football team|
|Build Date||9 September 1992|
|Average Attendance||13,267 (Season 2017 – 2018)|
|Record Attendance||Football – 42,099 (Denmark – Greece, 1-0, 8 October 2005)
Concerts – 60,000 (HIStory World Tour, 14 August 1997)
|Stadium Cost||$95 million|
|Who is the owner of Telia Parken?||Parken Sport & Entertainment|
|Pitch Size||105 m × 68 m|
|Where is Telia Parken located?||55°42′08.89″N 12°34′19.93″E|
|Nickname||Parken Stadium, Parken|
Denmark is a small country and the cosy stadium with 38,065 seats is the largest one throughout its territory. Thus, Telia Parken is the number one choice for the home games of the Danish national football team. Plus, FC Copenhagen which currently owns the venue and the adjacent office buildings obviously also plays their home games there.
Parken Stadium’s construction took place from 1990 to 1992. The complex replaced Idrætsparken which was a 52+ thousand seater that had been standing there from 1911 to 1990.
Speaking about the modern ground, it was renovated in 2009 and it’s currently in a perfect condition. It has four separate stands and an innovative sliding roof. North and South stands are located behind the nets. The first one is split between the families, the away fans, and hospitality boxes. The latter one is occupied by the noisiest home fans aged 15 and older. East and West stands are practically identical but the first one houses the changing rooms and the dug-outs.
The seat categories at Telia Parken are listed below:
- Cat 1 seats located at the main stands;
- Cat 2 seats located at the shortside stands.
The venue in Copenhagen had seen some great football battles including the 1994 Cup Winners’ Cup Final and a number of important Champion’s League and Europa League games.
If you are planning to visit the amazing capital of Denmark and to attend the concert or to watch the home match of the Lions at their cosy stadium, first of all, you need to get some tickets. For this purpose, there is a very convenient and timesaving solution, which is known as Ticket Compare. Whenever you want to buy tickets to sports events or music shows anywhere in the world at a reasonable price, you can always rely on it. Tickets to special events like Euro 2020 tournament are also available at Ticket Compare. The service has an intuitive interface, advanced navigation, and worldwide delivery for your convenience. The other ways to purchase football tickets are as follows:
- At the club’s official website;
- At the club shop located at Øster Allé, the northeast corner of Parken Stadium;
- At the kiosks around the ground on matchdays with an extra fee of DKK 40 (about 7$).
The ordinary prices for the home matches of FC Copenhagen are DKK 135-185 (21$-29$) when it comes to the local Danish competitions. The Europa League and the Champion’s League fixture’s ticket prices may vary.
If you are going to visit the most bike-friendly city with amazing people and attend one of the football matches or concerts at Parken Stadium, you’ll probably need to book a hotel in Copenhagen. As always, Booking.com will help you to find the best hotel deals in the most efficient way. Below you’ll find some tips and I hope they’ll be helpful.
- Hotel Jørgensen – is located in the centre of the capital of Denmark, very close to Nørreport train station which is directly linked with the airport. At 108$ per night including breakfast it is a bargain in Copenhagen.
- Hotel Windsor – also has a very convenient location in the heart of the city. It is only 1.5 miles away from the FCK stadium and close to the airport. This welcoming and charming hotel features large rooms which cost 119$ per night including breakfast.
- a&o Copenhagen Nørrebro – can be found less than 2 miles away from Parken Stadium. It’s also situated very close to the city’s major attractions and its price is 124$ per night. The hotel has some great family rooms, triple, and even quadruple rooms, as well as dorms at 36$ per bunk bed.
- Wakeup Copenhagen – is one more excellently located hotel with modern facilities and 124$ price tag. A thoughtful design of the rooms is a big plus because you get all the necessary amenities and can feel yourself like at home during your stay. The distance to the football ground is less than 2 miles.
- Rye115 Hotel – costs 139$ including breakfast. It’s a fabulous place to stay in a quiet area of Copenhagen, literally seconds away from Telia Parken. The staff is very welcoming. Both design and amenities are totally perfect.
- Adina Apartment Hotel – features large, comfortable, and modern rooms costing 204$ per night. The breakfast is included and there are plenty of dining options and a convenience store nearby. The football ground can be reached within a 25-minute walk.
- M18 – is a super clean and peaceful place to stay in Copenhagen. Great city views and outstanding amenities are making it a great alternative for the traveller in the capital of Denmark. It is around a 25-minute walk away from Parken Stadium. The price per night is 153$.
- Hotel Nora – is one of the best places to stay in the centre of Copenhagen within 2 miles away from Telia Parken. Considering the price of 152$ per night, it’s a perfect deal but you need to book it in advance. The architecture of this boutique style hotel is truly stunning.
How to get to
Copenhagen is a modern city which offers many different transport options and which is super bike-friendly. The stadium of FC København is located not so far from the city’s centre. In most cases, it can be reached within a 30 or 40-minute walk. But of course, you may choose one of the city’s convenient transportation options to get there. Below you’ll find some tips.
By Train – the closest train station to Parken Stadium is Østerport St. It’s a 20-minute walk away. The station is linked with the main train station of Copenhagen which is connected with a number of Danish and other European cities.
By Bus – the city’s bus lines 1A, 3A, 14, and 15 have their stops close to Telia Parken. Also, the lines 6A and 8A can be useful, since they also stop not far away from the venue.
By Car – the stadium’s address is Per Henrik Lings Allé 2, DK-2100 Østerbro, Copenhagen. Use it to find the ground on the map and sat nav will provide you with the most relevant directions. If you are not using a sat nav or Google Maps, you should keep in mind that the roads near the ground close a few hours before the kick-off.
By Plane – Copenhagen Airport (CPH) is also known as Kastrup. The distance from the city’s air gates to its main stadium is about 8 miles. The car or taxi ride takes about 25 minutes, while if you use the line M2 of the metro, take off at Vanløse st., and catch the bus line 1A, your trip will be about 40 minutes long.
Unless you have a VIP Parking pass, your chances to park at the FCK stadium are very low. Therefore, you’ll need to look for the parking options around Fælledparken’s residential areas. However, there is always a solution. The approximate matchday paid parking price near the sports venue in Copenhagen is 12$.
Eating out nearby
There are many great dishes you should try during your stay in Copenhagen but keep in mind it’s not cheap to eat out in this city. There are many wonderful world-class venues including rooftop bars and friendly pubs. However, simple and cheap eats are also available. Rød pølse (red sausage), Durum shawarma, and falafel are particularly great for a quick bite. I’ve got several recommendations which should be helpful to every hungry tourist wandering around the Danish capital.
Pubs, bars & cafes
- BRUS – is a wonderful brewery with a pub located about 1 mile away from Parken Stadium. It features 25 sorts of beers, some excellent snacks, and a great menu both for vegetarians and meat-eaters. The prices are high but this pub is totally awesome.
- Søernes Ølbar – is a very popular place among football fans. It features many original food options and excellent beers. It’s around a 10-minute walk away from the ground of the Lions.
- The Barking Dog – is a little and cosy bar with friendly and loud atmosphere, free tap water, and good prices for drinks compared to the similar venues in the capital of Denmark. They serve a number of innovative long drinks and cocktails, as well as some good beers. It’s about 1 mile away from Telia Parken.
- Restaurant Krebsegaarden – is a fine eating spot with reasonable prices. Among the matters to choose this restaurant is their special approach to every detail including the menu, communication with the clients, and an incredible choice of cheeses and wines.
- Höst – is another great place to enjoy the lunch or to spend a wonderful evening in Copenhagen. This restaurant can be reached within a half-an-hour walk from Parken Stadium. The venue will surprise you with stunning flavours and superb décor.
- Geranium – is one of the best and the most expensive restaurants in the Danish capital. Yet, football fans should go there for two more reasons. Firstly, it’s located at the stadium on the eighth floor. Secondly, their exclusive meals, top-notch service, and exciting kitchen tours will make your day.
Things to see at the stadium
While there are not so many things to do at the stadium on non-matchdays, you can always visit the club’s fan store or simply take a few selfies with the sports complex at the background. Many football fans love to go behind the scenes at the stadiums. This option is also available at Telia Parken but you’ll need to consider some limitations mentioned below.
The tours at Parken Stadium are only run intermittently, mostly during the school holidays. The price is 80DKK/40DKK (12$/7$) for adults/kids. If you want to discover the secrets of Telia Parken it’s better to contact the club’s officials in advance. They also organize the private tours costing 1500DKK (232$) per group of up to 40 persons.
FCK Fanshop is a wonderful modern store loved by the fans of FC Kobenhavn. It can be visited after the stadium tour or on any other day according to the schedule posted at the club’s official website. You can find the shop at Telia Parken or make some purchases online.
Things to do in Copenhagen
The Danish capital is a multi-faceted city which can be enjoyed in multiple ways. Depending on your age, interests, and budget, your experience in Copenhagen will be different. But in any case, this vivid city is never boring. From the stone-age artefacts, castles, and the Viking roots and all the way to the modern shopping malls, glamorous night clubs, and high-end restaurants – Copenhagen has tons of hidden gems for every traveller.
Copenhagen hop-on-hop-off tour is a year-round attraction with 23 bus stops. It will help you to get acquainted with some of the most stunning locations in the Danish capital. Among them are Christianshavn Square, Rosenborg Castle, Nyhavn, Magic Ice Bar, Christiansborg Palace, and much more. The tickets are available for 24 and 72 hours. The combined bus and canal boat tour is also a great feature.
Top 3 places to visit
Tivoli Gardens – is a marvellous theme park loved by the tourists and locals. Riding a carousel 80 metres above the ground is an unforgettable experience. But it’s only one example among dozens of awesome things to try in this epic place of interest.
Copenhagen’s National Museum – presents a whopping number of remarkable items from the past eras. Enjoy the magnificent atmosphere of this museum and explore the most wonderful pages of Danish history from the Bronze age and the times of the Vikings until modern days.
Nyhavn – is a waterfront area which stretches along the old canal. Four hundred-year-old painted houses and unique wooden vessels almost create a time machine effect. Hans Christian Andersen lived there and now you can drink coffee at one of Nyhavn’s numerous cafes with inimitable outdoor seating areas.