|Address||Basak, 4.Etap Fatih Terim Stadi Basaksehir, Yunus Emre Cd., Basaksehir/Istanbul, Turkey|
|Club||Istanbul Basaksehir FK (IBFK)|
|Build Date||26 July 2014|
|Average Attendance||2,859 (Season 2018/19)|
|Stadium Cost||$31 million|
|Who is the owner of Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium?||Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality|
|Pitch Size||105 m × 68 m|
|Where is Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium located?||41.122807°N 28.80945931°E|
The Turkish football club which is today known as Istanbul Basaksehir (IBFK) was founded in 1990 as Istanbul Buyuksehir Belediyespor. The club was homeless for about 24 years being forced to change the grounds for numerous times. Finally, the construction of Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium was completed in 2014, and it became one of the most special days in the club’s history.
Unlike the majority of other modern stadiums, the floodlights of Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium are not mounted on the roof. High masts are installed at each of four corners of the venue, and the floodlights are there. While this stadium isn’t listed among the most incredible grounds, it’s a decent one, considering its construction cost and the club’s status.
In general, the tickets are available in two categories. North and South stand category 2 tickets are cheaper because they are located behind the goals. East and West stand seats belong to category 1.
The stadium features three training grounds, plenty of commercial space, car parking for 1,300 cars, a press centre with a 170-person capacity and many other facilities.
Looking for the tickets to the stadium abroad? It’s hard to plan the long journey when you are not even sure whether you’ll be able to get the tickets to the event or not. I’ve been there, and it sucked. Luckily, I found StubHub. It is a good solution for anyone who wants to purchase tickets hustle-free. The prices are higher than at the ticket office, but they are quite reasonable. You’ll probably be satisfied with the intuitive interface of the website.
But you can always opt for more traditional ways to get tickets. They include:
- The official website of Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium in the Turkish language – push the button at the left of the screen;
- Local ticket offices in Istanbul.
As always, the prices are subject to change at any moment. They depend on the competition and the popularity of the opposing team.
Istanbul is a marvellous and dynamic city with a unique mix of cultures. If you haven’t been there yet, you should think no more and go to Booking.com. This hotel aggregator is the best among its rivals. It’s going to help you to find the most brilliant hotel deals or private accommodations. It’s safe, reliable, and affordable. Booking.com features a huge variety of hotel options in Istanbul so that everyone can find something to his taste. Below you’ll find a few great examples.
- Ramada Encore by Wyndham Istanbul Basin Express – is a wonderful hotel featuring a fitness centre, shared lounge, sauna, hammam, hot tub, and even a spa centre. The rooms are soundproof, which is especially great in a vibrant city like Istanbul. The distance to the ground is about 6 miles.
- Hampton by Hilton Istanbul Kayasehir – is also about 6 miles away from IBFK’s stadium. It’s a clean and modern three-star hotel with rooms starting at 55$, including a rich breakfast. It’s great by all means so you won’t be disappointed with this choice.
- Medproper Suites – is another hotel located within 6-mile distance from the stadium. There are a cosy airport shuttle and underground parking for those who want to rent a car in Istanbul. The rooms can cost as cheap as 39$ per night there, and it’s a bargain!
- Ramada Plaza Istanbul Tekstilkent – features incredible city views and the world-class service. This five-star hotel is situated 9 miles away from Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium. They charge 72$ per night, and the rooms are huge.
How to get to
Istanbul offers plenty of transport options. However, the location of Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium is very remote. The majority of hotels and places of interest are located within 5-20-mile distance from the ground. Thus, you’ll need to rent a car or get familiar with the local transportation system. Below you’ll find valuable information which will help you to start exploring this colourful city.
By Bus – among the most popular bus lines that stop near Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium are the following ones: 36, 78, 98, 146, and 336. Use Google maps to find the most suitable routes, which will depend on your starting point and the traffic.
By Car – if you are planning to drive in Istanbul, it’s highly recommended to have a sat-nav. The traffic in this city is insane, and the distances are very impressive. You’ll be able to get the detailed directions on how to get to Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium if you type in the address, which is Basak, 4.Etap Fatih Teri̇m Stadı Basaksehir, Yunus Emre Cd., 34480, Basaksehir/Istanbul.
By Plane – Istanbul’s new airport is located 17 miles to the north-west of Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium. It can take you 25-30 minutes to get there by car if there are no traffic jams or 1.5 hours by buses.
If the stadium’s parking is not available or fully-packed, you still can find a solution. The approximate matchday paid parking price near the sports venue in Istanbul is about $5.
Eating out nearby
There are so many things to eat in Istanbul that the one could have written a book on this subject alone. Real Turkish food is not what most people expect. Istanbul features many cultures, and its food is very diverse. Consider trying the dishes such as sucuk (dried beef sausage with garlic), borek (baked filled pastries), menemen (exclusive omelette), lufer (one of the best local fishes), and most certainly the classic Turkish dessert – baklava. Keep in mind that there are almost no options for eating out and especially drink alcohol near the stadium.
Pubs, bars & cafes
- Pierre Loti Roof Pub – is located 15 miles away from the stadium. It’s a superb world-class venue with magnificent sunset sea views. It’s not very expensive, and the staff members speak English and German.
- Red River Pub – is also quite distant from Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium. This American-style pub will impress you with pleasant prices and the top-quality service. It’s a very clean and friendly place with many fantastic food and drink options.
- Pub Crawl Istanbul – the distance from this pub to Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium is 16 miles. It’s one of the highest-rated such venues in Istanbul. You can hang out till 5 am in this vivid and fun place.
- Stari Grad Restaurant – is a pleasant venue with Bosnian cuisine. It’s located within a 20-minute drive from the ground. The waiters are very friendly, and they have some unique delicacies on the menu.
- Kuzubeyi Kuzu Cevirme – you can find the best lamb at this restaurant. It’s especially great if you order it with the local rice. The venue can be found about 10 miles away from Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium.
- Kofteci Yusuf – is an extremely tasty location. It has a rich menu and very good prices. It often gets fully-packed, so it’s better to book the table in advance, especially if it’s dinner time.
Things to see at the stadium
Because of the fact, it’s a relatively small stadium you shouldn’t expect to find anything unique about its facilities. Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium is still a pretty new venue with convenient seats. The roof fully covers all of them. On matchdays, the commercial zones sell many snacks, drinks, and souvenirs related to the clubs playing on that day. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at the venue. Unfortunately, stadium tours are not available there at the moment of writing.
The fans of İstanbul Basaksehir FK can find the fullest collection of the club’s official merchandise online. If you prefer shopping offline, the official fan shop of IBFK is called Esenyurt Store. It’s located a few steps to the south from Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium, right next to Burger King.
Things to do in Istanbul
It’s easier to list the things you can’t do in Istanbul, rather than the things that you can. The city is the cultural melting pot situated on the border of Europe and Asia, and it’s been the important metropolis for centuries. The unique geographical setting and multicultural influence crafted the modern image of Istanbul. It’s the city of colourful bazaars, important historical sights, eccentric hipster neighbourhoods, antique shops, and unforgettable Bosphorus views.
Istanbul is one of the cities where you can’t get bored. Every person can find plenty of fun activities during the visit. Europe meets Asia there. So you certainly don’t want to miss a chance to discover rich historical sights, see relicts of the Ottoman Empire, and explore Bosphorus Shores. One of the finest options for those who have limited amount of time is the bus and boat combo tour. Hop-on and off tours are also available within two different routes in Turkey’s largest city.
Top 3 places to visit
Istiklal Avenue – is the well-known pedestrian walkway with hundreds of touristic attractions, some of the best foodie’s venues, cinemas, and nightclubs. If walking is not your thing, you’ll probably enjoy taking a ride in a cute red historic tram.
Turkish Bath – is also known as a hammam. It can be a very strange experience for those of you who don’t always strip down to the birthday suit in front of dozens of strangers. But for sure, Turkish bath and massage are the things you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
Istanbul Classics – is the city’s most popular tour which will show you epic locations of the “Old City”. Among the stunning things you’ll be able to discover during this tour are Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, and most definitely Grand Covered Bazaar.