|Address||Village Way, Brighton, England, UK|
|Club||Brighton & Hove Albion F.C.|
|Build Date||31 May 2011|
|Architect||KSS Design Group|
|Average Attendance||30,426 (Season 2018/19)|
|Record Attendance||30,682 (Brighton & Hove v. Liverpool, 12 January 2019, 0-1)|
|Stadium Cost||£108 million|
|Roof||Steel arched roof|
|Who is the owner of American Express Community Stadium?||The Community Stadium Limited|
|Pitch Size||105 m × 69 m|
|Where is American Express Community Stadium located?||50°51’25.52″ N 0°04’35.88″ E|
|Nickname||Falmer Stadium, the Amex Stadium|
The American Express Community Stadium was built in Falmer village near Brighton and Hove in 2011. The location for the construction was chosen in 1998, but it took over a decade to get planning permission from the local authorities. Today the stadium is a real jewel which has transformed the area surrounding it. A spectacular steel arched roof is a particularly striking feature of this ground. The venue is used both for football and rugby competitions.
The family of Seagulls fans is very proud of their home ground, and I sincerely understand them. The West Stand consists of three tiers, including ultra-modern executive boxes. It is the most impressive stand of the stadium in Brighton. The East Stand has two tiers, and it also provides excellent views of the pitch. The one-tier stands behind the nets are the North, and the South stands.
The categories of seats include:
- Executive boxes;
- Zone A – are mostly the seats behind the goals and some of the corner seats;
- Zone B/C – are the seats at the third tier of the West Stand and some of the seats at the corner areas;
- Zone D – the majority of the seats at the East stand and some of the West stand seats;
- Zone E – the best seats at the first tier of the West Stand;
- Zone F – family area.
Several matches of the 2015 Rugby World Cup were played at the Amex Stadium. It was also used for the important football games featuring England U21 and England women’s national team. Another interesting fact is that the venue’s authorities use hawks to keep pigeons and seagulls away from the stadium’s roof and other constructions.
Brighton’s fans love their football club, and they pack their impressive stadium nearly every match. If you don’t want to miss the opportunity to enjoy the terrific atmosphere of the Amex Stadium, go to StubHub and book your football tickets in advance. It is a perfect timesaving solution which can help you to buy tickets to any event taking place there at a reasonable price. The service’s intuitive interface and advanced navigation will help you to find the ideal seats where you’ll be delighted to enjoy the spectacle. Alternatively, you may try to find the tickets in the following ways:
- At the official website of Seagulls;
- At the stadium’s ticket office.
As always, the ticket prices are subject to change, and they depend on the competition and the opposing team’s status. On average, adults pay from £29 to £60 per ticket, while concessions pay from £23 to £45.
Hotels near American Express Community Stadium
Brighton and Hove is a vibrant, compact city with numerous attractions and some stunning sea views. It’s a very pleasant place to visit and to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. Keep in mind that the sports venue is located a couple of miles away from Brighton. At Booking.com you can always find the best hotel deals. If you go to Brighton on a matchday, make sure to book your room in advance because the options are limited due to the small size and popularity of Brighton among tourists. For your convenience, I’ll provide some of the most interesting hotel options below.
- ibis Brighton City Centre – features excellent spacious soundproofed rooms. It can be a perfect place to spend a night or two in Brighton, about 4 miles away from the stadium. The room for two costs £75.
- Newmarket Inn – RelaxInnz – is a tastefully decorated hotel located 3 miles away from the sports ground of the Seagulls. The hotel charges £71 per night for spacious and clean accommodations. Excellent food is available all day on site.
- Legends Hotel – boasts with a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere and excellent views. It’s an ideal place to stay on Brighton’s seafront at a reasonable price – £72 per night. The distance to the sports venue is 5 miles.
- Westbourne Hotel and Spa – is another modern hotel with huge rooms not far away from the sea in Brighton. At £60 per night, it’s a bargain. It will take you about 15 minutes to get from this hotel to the stadium of the Seagulls.
- Blanch House – is located a few steps away from the beach. A 5-mile-distance to the sports ground is also a convenient distance. This amazing hotel charges £95 per night, including a fabulous breakfast, and it’s worth every penny.
- The Grand Brighton – features luxurious spa treatment, a superb gym, a cocktail bar, and many other great things. It’s located very close to the beach and the pier. Price is £120 per night, and breakfast is included. The distance to Falmer Stadium is about 5 miles.
- Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront – is one of the top picks in Brighton considering its beachfront location, excellent amenities, incredible service, and 5-mile distance to the sports venue. The room for two costs £89.
- Malmaison Brighton – is a charming boutique style hotel looking out over Brighton Marina to the sea. It’s also located about 5 miles away from the ground. The price of the accommodations is not less than £95 per night.
How to get to American Express Community Stadium
Brighton and Hove is a small city, and you can get pretty much everywhere on feet. However, the stadium is located outside the city. Therefore, you’ll likely need to use public transport during your football trip. Below you’ll find a few transportation tips.
By Train – Falmer railway station is literally a few steps from the American Express Community Stadium. It will take you 1 hour 15 minutes to get from London Victoria to this station near Brighton.
By Bus – the bus lines 25, Southern, 28, and 29 can bring you pretty much from anywhere in Brighton to the sports ground. Line 23 can work as well, but you’ll need to walk a bit after taking off.
By Car – use the stadium’s address to get the correct and up-to-date directions through your smartphone. The address is Village Way, Brighton, England, UK, BN1 9BL.
By Plane – all of the London airports are within comfortable driving distance of Brighton and Hove. For instance, Gatwick Airport is less than 30 miles away from this cosy city.
Parking near American Express Community Stadium
As usual, parking options are limited near the football ground, especially during the last hours before the kick-off. However, there is always a solution. The approximate matchday paid parking price near the sports venue in Brighton and Hove is about £6.
Eating out nearby
The lovely seaside town of Brighton has many pleasant places to eat. You can actually find a variety of tasty options there since the place is very touristic. Many new restaurants and bars open every year. You’ll probably easily find your favourite eateries in Brighton, but I’ll give you a few ideas as well.
Pubs, bars & cafes
- The Bevy – is an amazing community pub with a super friendly crowd and great service. The food options are broad, and the prices are very reasonable. The distance to the ground of the Seagulls is less than 2 miles.
- The Park Crescent – is a superb pub where you can hear proper music, drink tasty beer, try local roast, and do many other exciting things. They have a tiny garden, and the atmosphere is very healthy.
- Trollburger – offers the tastiest fresh burgers in Brighton. It’s a simple pop-up burger shack located under Brighton station, but both local residents and tourists are crazy about this spot. Their extraordinary trollburger costs only £8.
- Dizzy Gull – is a place where you’ll find affordable meals of the highest quality. It’s conveniently located close to Brighton’s pier and its main shopping street. Try it, and you won’t regret it.
- Cin Cin Brighton – is an outstanding restaurant located less than 4 miles away from the sports venue in Brighton. If you are looking for top-notch Italian food made with the best local ingredients, you should go to this place as soon as possible.
- Purezza Brighton – is the place where you can enjoy deliciously crispy pizza. It’s one of the highest rated restaurants in the town, and they have some options for vegans. If you are somewhere near Brighton beach, don’t hesitate to visit this incredible pizzeria.
Things to see at American Express Community Stadium
Brighton is a trendy town which is conveniently located less than 70 miles to the south from London’s downtown. You can find pretty beaches with an easy-going atmosphere and a few fun places of interest there. The Amex Stadium is an important part of the city’s infrastructure. It hosts numerous conferences and events, Christmas parties, exhibitions. You can order a banquet there or enjoy a delicious Sunday lunch with your family and friends. If you are looking for food and refreshment before the match, you can find food stalls with burgers and snacks outside the venue.
As a fan of stadium tours, I should mention this great attraction which is well worth doing during your stay in Brighton. Prepare to hear insightful and passionate commentaries of the professional guide and hear fun facts and stories about the club and Falmer Stadium. As usual, you’ll have a benefit to look behind the scenes of the marvellous sports ground and attend the places such as changing rooms and the bench.
Brighton’s fan store is easy to spot at the South Stand of the football ground. The ticket offices are located there as well. Therefore, you can solve many issues related to your football trip there. If you prefer shopping online, go to the website of Brighton & Hove Albion and select from thousands of items related to the Seagulls.
Things to do in Brighton and Hove
Brighton is packed with Londoners during the vacation season. They come to this seafront town for a reason. This small city is charming, and it’s easy to fall in love with its picturesque streets full of great boutiques, relaxing atmosphere and marvellous sunsets. There are many wonderful spots for hiking, cycling, water sports, and other fun and healthy activities in Brighton.
Bike tours are particularly popular in Brighton and Hove, and this is one of the things I would personally do during my first stay in this town. There are no big bus tours there. However, Brighton’s downtown is compact, and you’ll probably be able to walk around its major streets on your own. If you want to hear about history of this town, you can take one of walking tours. It’s another awesome way to explore Brighton.
While planning a trip to a new city can be intricate and complex, there is a handy service which can help you to solve the puzzle. With Get Your Guide you can conveniently browse and instantly book any of the thousands of tours and attractions worldwide. Read the reviews in your language, use handy iOS or Android application, get quick access to additional information about the duration, pricing, and options, and enjoy dozens of other convenient features while planning your trip in a smart way. The service quickly confirms all bookings taking a weight off your mind and freeing your time for the other essential journey arrangements.
Top 3 places to visit
Royal Pavillion – is an exotic piece of architecture and one of the main symbols of Brighton. King George IV loved to spend time in this town, and this palace was one of his favourite houses. Even today, it looks fantastic. We can only imagine how impressive it looked two centuries ago.
British Airways i360 – is a unique spot where you can observe the best views of Brighton. But first, you’ll have to glide up to 450 feet in the innovative glass pod. You can go there in the morning or during sunset. It’s a fantastic experience anyway.
Brighton’s Beachfront Area – it’s easy to fall in love with Brighton’s vacation-all-year vibe. It’s especially true when it comes to the beachfront zone of the town. Enjoy cycling or walking along the beach, attend the century-old pier, and find numerous attractions including theatres, bowling and glowing golf at Brighton Marina.