|Address||Seasiders Way, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 6JJ|
Bloomfield Road is an all-seater stadium located in Blackpool, the UK. It’s capacity is more than 17,000. A first football game was played at the stadium in 1887, and in two years, a modest football stadium was built. Since 1901, it has been the home of Blackpool F.C.
Over the following years, Bloomfield Road expanded rapidly. It capacity reached more than 20,000 by the middle of the 1920s. In 1930, Spion Kop, a new north terrace, was built to increase the stadium capacity up to more than 30,000.
In 1954, another major improvement took place when the East Paddock was enlarged. The highest attendance at the Bloomfield Road was noted in 1955 when 38,098 people visited the stadium. The capacity of the stadium was increased up to 38,000 by the middle of the 1960s.
Rebuilding the West Stand was successfully completed in 2002. Another new stand called the South Stand was open in 2010. There also was a temporary East Stand that was open only for one year. It added 5,120 more seats to the stadium’s capacity.
In 2000, a long-lasting process of renovation took place, and due to the changes, the Spion Kop was demolished and replaced by the all-seated stand. The record attendance at the newly renovated stadium was 16,116 in 2010.
Bloomfield Road was also chosen for three matches of UEFA Women’s Champions League that took place in 2005. In the same years, it was used for the Northern Rail Cup, and since that time it became the home of the rugby league tournament.