|Address||Champion Hill Stadium, Edgar Kail Way, Dog Kennel Hill, Dulwichm London, SE22 8BD|
Champion Hill was built in East Dulwich, the UK in 1912, and Dulwich Hamlet F.C. started to use the ground for football games right away. It lasted for 106 years until the football club was forced to leave the land by a development company.
In 1948, Summer Olympics were played at the ground. It used to be one of the largest amateur football stadiums in the UK, but due to financial difficulties, lots of the land was sold out in the 1980s. There is a Sainsbury’s supermarket now located instead of the old area of training pitch.
A new football stadium was constructed on the site of the former stadium. Before the renovation, it could be visited by about 20,000, but the capacity of a new stadium was significantly less. The renovated football stadium was built in 1992. The maximum number of people that it could host is around 3,000 (this is the highest attendance that was noticed in 2015).
The stadium was also used by a range of other football clubs, including Corinthian-Casuals (1963-1968), Fisher Athletic (2004-2009), and Fisher club (2009-2016). The ground was also often shared along with Millwall Lionesses.
In 2018, the Dulwich Hamlet had a conflict with Meadow Residential LLP, the investment fund that actually owns their ground. As a result, the football club had to leave the ground.