Estadio de la Ceramica
|Address||Carrer Blasco Ibáñez, 2, Villareal, Castelló, Spain|
|Architect||Villarreal CF & Juan Antonio Villasant|
|Record Attendance||24,450 (Villarreal v Barcelona, 2016)|
|Who is the owner of Estadio de la Ceramica?||Villarreal CF|
|Pitch Size||105m by 65m|
|Where is Estadio de la Ceramica?||39°56’36.3″N 0°06’14.0″W|
|Surface||Cutting Edge Pitch Technology|
The stadium was opened on June 17, 1923, by a match between the Cervantes and Castellón. At the opening it was called Campo del Villarreal. Two years later the stadium was named El Madrigal, and the current name Estadio de la Ceramica (El Madrigal) was awarded to the stadium after the reconstruction of 2017.
The first reconstruction of the stadium took place in the summer off-season in 1952. The field sizes were changed from 95 × 65 to 105 × 65 to meet the standards. In 1988, the stadium was reconstructed again, it gained its present appearance and opened with a match between Villarreal and Atletico Madrid.
By the 75th anniversary of the club at the stadium was another reconstruction. On the southern platform was installed vip-box, and on the north were finishing works. Near the stadium there is a statue of a yellow submarine in honor of the Villarreal FC nickname.
The stadium has a rectangular shape and is divided into 4 sectors for different categories of seats:
- Tribuna (Carrer Blasco Ibáñez) – the southern tribune of the stadium, the smallest in size. On it are the best places with an excellent overview of the field.
- Preferencia (Carrer Almassora) – this is the north side of the stadium. There are places of an average price category, which does not prevent you from finding places for comfort viewing of the match.
- Fondo Sur (Plaza del Llaurador) – this tribune is located behind the eastern gates of the stadium. On it you can watch the match for a modest fee.
- Fondo Norte (Carrer Molí Bisbal) – the largest and inexpensive tribune in the stadium, which is located behind the net of the western goals.
After the last reconstruction near the stadium was opened an area with a ceramic coating. This square offers a fantastic view of the new facade of the stadium. After the reconstruction, the stadium’s safety increased significantly, in particular the ventilation system and the evacuation system from the stadium.
In order to purchase tickets for a match of Villarreal FC or Spain national team at Estadio de la Ceramica, you should definitely use StubHub service. This is the fastest and most reliable way to get to a fantastic match at one of the most comfortable stadiums in Spain. Save your time on buying tickets by choosing the desired match and paying for the ticket online.
You can also purchase tickets for the Villarreal match in such ways:
At The Estadio de la Cerámica Ticket Offices
Address: Calle Blasco Ibáñez, 5, Vila-real (CP 12540)
Opening Hours: On match days, 90 minutes before kickoff.
Telephone: (+34) 964 500 250
Villarreal CF Official Shop
Plaça Major, 19, Vila-real (CP 12540)
You can purchase your tickets in advance, as in the Official Shop they are available from the moment they go on sale:
Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday from 10am to 1:45pm, and 5pm to 8:30pm.
Telephone: (+34) 964 524 921
The prices for tickets vary depending on the tournament and the teams participating in the match. On average, ticket prices will be distributed as follows:
- TRIBUNA – from €40 to €110;
- PREFERENCIA – from €25 to €70;
- FONDO SUR – from €20 to €60;
- FONDO NORTE – from €15 to €60.
Hotels Near Estadio de la Ceramica
In a city with a long and varied history there are quite a lot of interesting buildings that are the main places of interest among tourists. In order to have time to watch a football match and to see the city sights, you need to take care of the night in advance. Booking.com has collected the best options that are located near the stadium for you. Quality housing at attractive prices can be booked in few seconds.
In addition to using the booking service, you can choose an excellent option from the list below:
- Pension Miami – a small cozy hotel at a distance of 2.7 km from the stadium. Located in Almazor, the distance to railway station is 600 meters. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. All rooms have a TV and a bathroom with a shower. Prices for a single room start from €29.
- Hostal Restaurante La Masía – an excellent hotel in a 5-minute walk from the center of Villarreal. The hotel has a bar and a restaurant, where you can taste local cuisine. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, TV and shower, and free Wi-Fi is available. Room for one can be rented for €35.
- Hotel Jendri – this hotel provides simple but comfortable rooms. It is located in Almazor in an 8-minute drive to Castellón de la Plana. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, TV and shower, and some have a terrace with beautiful views. The beach on the Mediterranean coast can be reached within a 10-minute drive. The cost of the room is from €45.
- Hotel Sercotel Plana Parc – the hotel is 4 km from Villarreal at Junction 48 of the AP-7 Motorway. Valencia Airport can be reached in 45 minutes. The comfortable rooms of the hotel are equipped with everything necessary, including toiletries. For hotel guests on the territory there is a swimming pool and beautiful gardens. The room can be rented from €49.
- Hotel Villareal Palace – one of the best hotels in the city, located in the La Plana shopping center. The hotel offers a free spa with a gym and a swimming pool. Also, in the territory there is an excellent restaurant with dishes of national cuisine. All rooms are equipped with maximum amenities, including a hot tub. The room for one is from €61.
How to Get to Estadio de la Ceramica
The stadium is located in the north of the small city of Villarreal in the largest province of Valencia called Castelló. The stadium is 7 km south of the capital of the province Castelló de la Plana. The population of Villarreal is only about 50,000 people, so the city is really small.
The nearest airport is in Valencia, 67 km from the stadium. How to get from it to the stadium is described below:
By Car – the fastest way to get from the airport directly to the stadium. You can rent a car or take advantage of taxi services. The taxi will cost around €80-110, and the road will take about an hour. The price of renting a car depends on which car you choose.
By Train – The train journey from Valencia to Villarreal also takes about an hour. The railway station is only 10 minutes walk from the stadium. You need to take the train at the station València-Estació del Nord, train number is C-6. Trains run every 20 minutes. The approximate cost of the ticket is €5-6.
By Bus – The route by bus will take you 50 minutes. Tickets cost €5-8. Take the bus at the Valencia – Carrer Clarianos stop. Buses depart every 4 hours.
Eating Out Nearby
Despite the fact that Villarreal is quite a small city, you can find many interesting restaurants and cafes in it. In them you can try dishes of Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine, as well as local Catalan cuisine. We picked up for your best places near the stadium, which is definitely worth a visit in Villarreal.
Pubs, Bars & Cafes
- El Raco de Pepa Tasca Gourmet – here you can feel the atmosphere of a real tavern of the past years. Try delicious dishes from fresh foods right from the market, and also enjoy exquisite wine from a wide selection.
- Quesomentero Cheesebar – the choice of cheeses offered in this bar will really surprise you. Professional staff will tell you which kinds of cheese are perfectly matched with elegant Spanish wines. This place will always find something to surprise you.
- Pizzeria & Ristorante La Piazzetta – without doubt the best pizzeria in the city. Here they prepare the most delicious pizza and other dishes of Italian cuisine. This pizzeria is remembered by a truly delicious cuisine at reasonable prices and helpful staff.
- Restaurante Al d’Emilio – a restaurant of magical Mediterranean cuisine. Here you can sample fresh seafood, as well as delicious dishes for true gourmets.
- Restaurante El Vasco – at the entrance to this restaurant you will meet a T-shirt with the autograph of the most famous Spanish cyclist Contador. The chef of the restaurant perfectly cooks both meat and fish. The wine list will please all connoisseurs of quality wine.
Things to See at Estadio de la Ceramica
In Villarreal, one of the strongest football clubs in Spain, Villarreal FC is based. It has repeatedly won prizes in the national championship and played in European competitions. To get acquainted with the life and history of the club, you can visit special events in the stadium.
For all admirers of the club Villarreal FC gives the opportunity to go on a tour of the home stadium Estadio de la Ceramica and the Ciudad Deportiva training base. During the tour you can see the locker rooms of teams, a football field, benches and VIP-boxes of the stadium. During the tour through the training base, everyone will be able to see how the players of the main team prepare for the matches, as well as young players.
For more information, you can contact at: (+34) 964 500 250 or fill out the form on official website.
The store is located on the corner between the main and southern stands. It works from Tuesday to Saturday and on match days. It boasts a complete catalog of Villarreal CF clothing, as well as posters, flags, scarves, souvenirs and other items for the Yellow Submarine’s fans.
Things to Do in Villarreal
Villarreal is located north of Valencia, its center is at an altitude of 42 meters above sea level. The area of the city is 55.4 km. sq. m. Villarreal is located on the banks of the river Mijares. In Villarreal, the Mediterranean type of climate dominates, characterized by mild winters with an average temperature of 10 ° C in January and a hot summer. Even a little-known tourist city of Villarreal can offer a lot of interesting things. Not so far from this city there are beautiful beaches, so you can combine a survey of interesting places with swimming in the Mediterranean in the summer months. Also, you can find very interesting historical sights.
Top 3 Places to Visit
Ermita de la Virgen de Gracia – this building is a typical representative of the Mediterranean style of architecture. In this museum you can find important collections of medieval ceramic tiles, the hall of ethnology and the hall of archeology.
Església de Sant Jaume – Monumental Church, the largest of its kind in Spain, dedicated to the Apostle St. James, the former patron of the city. This building was built between 1752 and 1779 years. It consists of three large naves of the same height, as well as the transept and the apse. The octagonal bell tower was built here in 1682.
Convento del Carmen – Today, the influence of Franciscan culture in Villarreal can be seen in a beautiful monastery built in the mid-17th century.