|Address||Ashton New Rd, Manchester, Great Britain|
|Club||Manchester City F.C.|
|Architect||ArupSport, KSS Design Group, Populous|
|Average Attendance||53,812 (Season 2017 – 2018)|
|Record Attendance||54,693 (Manchester City vs Leicester City, 6 February 2016)|
|Stadium Cost||£154 million|
|Who is the owner of Etihad Stadium?||Manchester City Council|
|Pitch Size||105m by 68m|
|Where is Etihad Stadium located?||53°28′59″N 2°12′1″W|
|Nickname||City of Manchester Stadium|
Although built in 2000, Etihad Stadium opened its doors to first visitors only two years later. In 2002, the arena started hosting both UEFA-organized and Premier League matches as well as concerts, music shows, and various performances. While being the home for Man City football club, it has witnessed its most glorious games and trophies won in addition to the recent Premier League titles.
Also known as the Etihad Stadium, the arena has a typical structure and looks almost the same as any other British stadium with some slight differences. All seats are divided into 6 main categories. They include:
- Category 1 seats (colored red). They are also the cheapest longer-side seats.
- Category 2 seats (colored orange) located on the shorter side boasting the second cheapest prices.
- Seats for Away visitors (colored purple) are for guest supporters. The price may vary.
Premium category seats include the most expensive seats for VIPs, special guests, club owners, etc. They include three different categories:
- Premium Gold;
- Premium Platinum;
- Premium Platinum Extra.
General stadium rules prohibit bringing bottles made of glass as well as cans. No alcoholic drinks are available for visitors. The stadium is equipped with special restricting areas where smoking is permitted. Children under 2 are allowed entering the stadium free.
If you need to buy tickets to the Etihad Stadium safely and fast, StubHub is the best service for you. The platform was designed for easy searching and purchasing process. Apply all necessary filters to find tickets on a specific date and time. Do not waste your time on registrations and subscriptions. Go to the website and start the purchasing process at once.
Additional channels to buy Etihad Stadium tickets include:
- Email to buy tickets online – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Telephone to book tickets – +44 161 444 1894;
- The office ticket office located in the Etihad Stadium.
The ticket prices may vary depending on the event or type of the tournament. At the same time, the price may be different in accordance with the stand you choose. Lower seats are usually cheaper if compared with upper stands.
Upper Seat Rows:
- Adults: 43$ – 68$;
- OAPs: 33$ – 56$;
- Under 16’s: 23$ – 36$.
Lower Seat Rows:
- Adults: 40$ – 65$;
- OAPs: 31$ – 53$;
- Under 16’s: 23$ – 36$.
Children under age 2 can enter the stadium for free.
Manchester is a great city to visit no matter if you are planning to watch a game at the Etihad Stadium or simply witness some of its main attractions. Booking.com appears to be a handy service letting you book a nice-matching hotel effortlessly to make sure you have a good place to stay near the Etihad Stadium. Affordable prices, intuitive interface and lots of great booking offer to choose from. Use the service or benefit from our own list of best hotels near the Etihad Stadium.
- Arena House. Although this hotel refers to bed & breakfast category, it provides 5-star services and facilities to all its guests. The venue boasts great location not far from the Etihad arena (about 800 meters). The price for a single room with shared bathroom starts from 75$.
- Carbis Luxury House. This hotel is located the same distance from Etihad Stadium as the previous offer. It will take you less than 6 minutes to get to the arena. Free Wi-Fi and flat TV are included in the price. One night in a three-bedroom house will cost you from 194$. A good opportunity for those who travel in groups or with family and friends.
- Athletes Way House. A stylish and cozy accommodation for up to eight guests. 199$ per night in a four-bedroom hotel looks like a bargain considering the fact it is located only 700 meters from the Etihad Stadium. The price includes private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, barbecue zone and more great facilities for a pleasant stay.
- Falconwood Apartment. A nice and cozy apartment with its own garden will cost you from 317$ per night. A good choice for a family. The apartment has a modern kitchen with all necessary cooking equipment including oven. 1 km from the Etihad Stadium will hardly be a challenge especially on a matchday.
How to get to
It will take about 20-30 minutes to get from the downtown to the Etihad Stadium by foot. You can walk from the Piccadilly station, which is located in the city center next to all major city attractions. The arena is located next to the Manchester Academy and Etihad Campus. You can use various types of transport to get to the stadium at short notice.
By Car – if you decide to drive to the stadium, make sure you get there in advance to get your place at the Etihad official parking zone. Please, note that you need to pay to use it. Parking place for a car will cost 13$ while minibus owners will have to pay 27$ per vehicle. You may search for unofficial parking places around. They are cheaper. They will hardly cost you more than 9$ per car. However, make sure you have enough time to drive around the borough in search of such kind of parking space.
By Train – Manchester boasts a developed railway network within the city to get to its any part at short notice. The major train stations located in the center include Piccadilly, Oxford Road, Deansgate, and Victoria. You can travel from them in case you are in the downtown.
By Tube – luckily for both local football fans and away supporters, a new tube station has been opened recently. It is located right next to the arena. Although you will not be able to find it on the map yet, Etihad Campus is the nearest tube station to the Etihad Stadium.
By Bus – buses make it easy to get to the stadium and from it after the final whistle. When the match is over, you can take any bus that departs from Ashton New Road located right opposite the South Stand. If you need to get to the Etihad Stadium, use any of the following bus routes from the city center and other boroughs: 185, 186, 216, X36, 37, 53, and 54.
By Plane – the Etihad Stadium is about 11 kilometers from the Manchester Airport that accepts hundreds of international flights daily. You can use the train to get to the city center (Piccadilly Station) or take a taxi. In this case, prepare to pay about 33$ for a ride.
Visiting the Etihad Stadium is fun but only if you know where to park your car. The spots are limited, as usual. However, there is always a solution. The approximate matchday paid parking price near the sports venue in Manchester is 12$.
Eating out nearby
Although Manchester is an industrial city, it still keeps the spirit of British traditions when it comes to food and beers, of course. The city hosts hundreds of cozy pubs with wooden bars and other elements of traditional British design as well as bistros to eat fast and cheap. I have conducted a list of pubs and cafes located not far from the Etihad Stadium.
Pubs, bars & cafes
- Mary D’s Beamish Bar. You will hardly think of a better place to have a pre-match pint of beer and watch City fans singing their anthems. Most visitors appreciate friendly stuff who may help to get you some extra tickets in case you forgot to book them in advance.
- Bradford Inn. A local pub for local supporters. What can be better for a tourist eager to get behind the scene of Man City fan movement? The venue boasts a huge outdoor space in addition to a selection of beers. A good place to have a pint for a start or discuss the match highlights.
- Grove Inn. It is one of the oldest British pubs in Manchester. Good selection of beers is focused mainly around lagers. You can also have a snack here while enjoying a traditional interior and elements made of wood.
- The Angel Pub. Although there is the word “pub” in its name it still serves a nice variety of specialties and meals from traditional British cuisine. It is not far from the stadium. It will take you about 10 minutes to walk to the arena after a good meal and a couple of pints.
- Second The Angel Pub City. A perfect place to watch the game on the flat TV screen and mingle with Man City fans in a relaxing atmosphere. The venue is more a club rather than pub or restaurant. It boasts bright interior and a huge light sing with the name of the venue. Try local burgers with fries or fish-and-chips as a perfect match to your pint.
Things to see at the stadium
The Etihad Stadium offers a great opportunity to embark on various arena tours. They are divided into several categories including general admission, VIP tours, special events like birthday parties and photo session, etc. Visit the official website to learn more about available options and prices.
All stadium tours are divided into several categories. The general stadium tour lasts for 90 minutes and costs 23$ for adults. Children under age 5 can benefit from free admission. The tour includes some major spots like:
- Players’ tunnel;
- Pitch-side visit;
- Press-conference room;
- Interview area;
- Dressing room.
Some programs include visiting major Manchester attractions in addition to stadium tour. You can also opt for:
- Matchday Stadium Tour to feel the excitement before the game;
- VIP Legends Tour to meet some of the legendary City players and ask any questions about their career;
- Stadium Tour feat 5 o’clock tea;
- Birthday Part and Education stadium tours.
You should check the tour availability beforehand.
Opened in 2004, Man City museum is the most significant attraction for devoted fans and guests. It depicts a glorious club’s history highlighting all its major trophies and cups won. You will see some photos of legendary players and people who made their contribution to the club’s achievements.
Manchester City fan store has turned into a huge digital marketplace with lots of things to see and buy. From retro jerseys and modern t-shirts to souvenirs, gifts, and homewear. Here you can purchase branded exclusive T-shirts, training kits and sportswear for men, women, and kids.
Things to do in Manchester
Most people think that Manchester has only a few things to see when it comes to tourists attractions. It is mainly associated with industrial enterprises, factories, gray sky and rainy weather. You will be surprised to know that the city is the British guitar capital with lots of bands hailing from Manchester. Different underground stages host regular music shows and concerts. Here you can come across amazing architectural buildings, libraries, museums and tons of other great places to see and hear.
Hop-on-hop-off sightseeing tours have their representations in all major cities across the world. Manchester is not an exception. Such tours have proved to be a fast and cost-effective opportunity to get acquainted with all major places that worth paying attention. From the National Football Museum to iconic Piccadilly Gardens, Albert Square and the Museum of Science all included in one program with a dozen of stops.
Top 3 places to visit
Manchester Three Rivers Gin – Mancunian condition is delivered by one of the most popular British gin brands. The place will amaze you with a selection of branded drinks. You will also visit a laboratory where gin is produced. Learn more about Three Rivers Gin.
The John Rylands Library – are you fond of Victorian-style buildings and books? The place is right for you! The Library is free for admission any day. Apart from the richest book collection that depicts city’s history and facts, the venue boasts amazing Victorian interior.
Greater Manchester Police Museum – learn the entire history of Manchester and British police concentrated in a single museum. Check types of uniform bobbies used to wear in different historical periods. The museum tells some really tragic, touching and contradictory stories. The place is certainly worth visiting.