Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Key Facts
- Seating Plan
- Hotels Near Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Cheapest Offers
- How to Get to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Parking Near Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Eating Out Nearby
- Pubs, Bars & Cafes
- Things to See at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Stadium Tour
- Fan Store
- Things to Do in London
- Sightseeing Tour
- Top 3 Places to Visit
|Address||Bill Nicholson Way, 748 High Road, Tottenham, London|
|Club||Tottenham Hotspur F.C.|
|Stadium Cost||Up to £400 million (stadium only), £850 million + (entire project)|
|Who is the owner of Signal Iduna Park?||Tottenham Hotspur|
|Pitch Size||105 m × 68 m|
|Where is Signal Iduna Park located?||51°36′17.1″N 0°03′59.1″W|
|Nickname||New White Hart Lane|
|Surface||Retractable football pitch (Desso GrassMaster hybrid grass pitch for football, and a synthetic turf surface underneath for NFL games and concerts)|
The discussion of the potential White Hart Lane stadium expansion started in 2007. Almost immediately the fans and experts started talking about the alternative idea: the new stadium construction. Tottenham Hotspur not only wanted to expand and improve their old stadium. The area around the team’s home also needed investments. Finally, in 2015 the Northumberland Project was broken. It included the plan to construct one-of-a-kind multipurpose stadium, club shop, museum, residential apartments, 180 hotel rooms, and a college with a total budget of £300 million. Due to a number of factors including Brexit, the project became much more expensive–almost £1 billion and it should be finally completed in March of 2019.
An enclosed asymmetric bowl is the shape of the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Even though it’s a bowl, the ground has four separate stands. The ‘Home End’ is located at the South Stand. It has a single tier and it can host 17,500 fans–a record-breaking mark for the ground in the UK. The North Stand is split into three tiers and this side of the construction is slightly higher compared to the opposite side. The East and West Stands can boast with four tiers each.
The categories of seats are yet to be revealed. During the match, fans will have an amazing experience due to the close distance from the seats to the ground. The distances from the front row to the touchline are within 4.9-7.9 meters range. Another great feature is 35-degree stands angle which will ensure the best possible connectivity to the game.
The innovational retractable football pitch will not only allow the stadium to host more events. It means the potential to host the events of completely different types, such as NFL games, exhibitions, concerts, and much more.
When you want to buy a ticket to a new state-of-the-art venue such as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, it’s always hard because that’s exactly what everyone else wants to do. And as we know the number of tickets is limited. StubHub is a perfect timesaving solution which can help you to get the tickets as easy as one-two-three. The prices there are normally higher but they are reasonable considering the rush.
Here are some other ways to get the tickets to the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. They include:
- The official website of Tottenham;
- Phone line – 0344 844 0102 (option 1);
- Another phone line – 0344 216 2018 – for Premium packages;
- Ticket office located right at the stadium.
The price range for the tickets at Tottenham’s new stadium is yet to be discovered. Considering the prices which were observed at Wembley, the tickets can cost about £35-45 for adults and starting from £14-18 for concessions.
Hotels Near Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
London is the incredible tourist Mecca with millions of things to do and explore all-year-round. Booking.com should be your number one website to visit before you start planning your trip to the British capital. This website provides tons of awesome super deals which will satisfy every traveller. Below I’ll show you a few great hotels standing not far away from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in North London.
- London Shelton Hotel – starting at £68, this hotel cannot boast with the closest distance to the new multipurpose ground of Tottenham. However, it is about 3.5 miles away from the venue. Even though, the location of this hotel is good in terms of transport hubs. The hotel also has got wonderful amenities and great continental breakfasts.
- Beaconsfield Hotel – is located 3.3 miles to the south-western direction from the ground. This stylish and cosy hotel can be found next to Finsbury Park and the tube station. The price starts at £74 per night.
- Forest House Hotel – this basic but extremely clean place can be proud of its convenient location within less than 3 miles from the stadium. It has a friendly atmosphere, fantastic amenities, excellent price (£74 per night), and great Wi-Fi. It’s run by the family so the staff members really care about the guests.
- Rose and Crown Stoke Newington – the location of this hotel is closer to the city centre so you’ll probably enjoy it if you only plan to spend little time near Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on a matchday. They have great amenities and a wonderful pub onsite. The price is £132 including breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express London Chingford – these wonderful well-designed accommodations are also very comfortable and tidy. There is a bar on premises. And you’ll definitely enjoy their cosy smart rooms at £108 per night.
- Premier Inn London Edmonton – the distance from this hotel to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is less than 2 miles. A 24-hour front desk with extremely helpful workers will help you to solve almost any question that may arise. The bathtub can be really practical if the weather in London is as usual. The price tag of £93 per night is also great news for the place like this in the English capital.
- Best Western London Highbury – a 5-minute walk from underground, 3-mile distance to the new sports venue, and a spotlessly clean room can be as cheap as £86 in London. Hurry up to book this hotel in advance because it usually sells out like hotcakes.
How to Get to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
London has got one of the most extensive rapid transportation networks in the world. For sure, the new ground of Tottenham is perfectly connected with the other parts of the city. Therefore, you shouldn’t really worry about getting around London. It often takes time to get somewhere in the capital of the UK, but if you have time, you’ll be fine. Furthermore, getting around London is a fun way to discover lots of amazing hidden gems.
By Rail and Tube – the closest stations are White Hart Lane (5-minute walk), Northumberland Park (10-minute walk), Tottenham Hale (25-minute walk), and Seven Sisters (30-minute walk to the ground). Meridian Water station is currently being constructed and should be open by May 2019.
By Bus – Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is served well by TfL bus system. Among the bus lines that can be extremely helpful are 149, 259, 279, and 349. Two hours before the kick-off and one hour after the ending whistle, some of the roads close, therefore look for alternatives.
By Car – arriving at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by car can be really problematic on a matchday because of heavy traffic so I don’t recommend driving too close to the stadium.
By Plane – Luton (LTN) is located 32 miles from the ground, London City (LCY) is 14 miles away, Stansted (STN) is 30 miles away, Heathrow (LHR) is 45 miles away, Gatwick (LGW) is 60 miles away.
Parking Near Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Unavailability of parking spots for general admission fans at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium really sucks. However, there is always a solution. The approximate matchday paid parking price near the sports venue in North London is £14.
Eating Out Nearby
I’m wondering what your favourite culinary cities are! As for me, I like Bangkok, Rome, and London. If it’s your first time in the British capital, prepare yourself to arrive into foodie’s heaven. Famous restaurants, traditional pubs, wonderful desserts, and vibrant street food options – London can surprise you on every corner with food combinations you couldn’t even have imagined before. My suggestions should help you to find some of the best eateries near Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Pubs, Bars & Cafes
- The Bricklayers Arms – is a very stylish traditional pub with tons of fresh organic beers. Homely atmosphere and reasonable prices are also impressing. But among the cosiest things about this place – its 0.1-mile distance from Tottenham’s new venue.
- The Antwerp Arms – a ten-minute walk to the ground at maximum also means an excellent location for the pub. The history of this place dates back to 1822 and today it’s a community-owned pub. It’s really an enjoyable place to drink at.
- NT’s Bar – is 5 miles to the south from the football ground of Tottenham but the place is truly wonderful. So if you happen to be nearby, don’t miss an opportunity to check-in. Great relaxing atmosphere, excellent rooftop and window views, and nice background music are truly magnificent. They’ve got some pretty healthy food choices among the other things.
- San Marco – is a traditional Italian trattoria which operates 0.7 miles away from the ground. It’s owned by a wonderful Italian family and their hospitality is above all praise. The restaurant has been there for over 40 years!
- Jerky’s – if you are a fan of Caribbean classics or want to try something truly lovely with the Spanish accent, head to this place and enjoy its atmosphere. It can be found less than half a mile away from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- Capital Restaurant – is one of the best Turkish restaurants in London, and definitely the best one in North London located 1 mile away from the stadium. They serve lots of amazing things including ribs, grilled quail, and small cubes of lamb.
Things to See at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
The club recommends everyone to arrive at the ground well in advance because they claim there will be a record-breaking number of things to do on a matchday. I bet you can’t go wrong with this decision since this innovative sports ground really has lots of surprising things to offer. Giant HD-screens, super comfortable modern seats, free WIFI, numerous food and drink outlets are only the top of the iceberg. There should be so much more to experience at the new Tottenham’s Stadium.
Coming very soon to the marvellous Tottenham Experience will be a number of unique experiences available at the new miracle-stadium. Ground tours with exclusive programs will certainly exceed your expectations.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has prepared lots of great gifts for the family of its supporters. The club’s museum is among those things. It will welcome its first visitors very soon.
It should be incredible to find out that the new Spurs Shop is the largest retail store of any football club in Europe. Tottenham’s fans should be really proud of this fact! The online version of the store can be found here.
Things to Do in London
Among thousands of exciting things to enjoy and experience in London, anyone can find something suitable. Some of the attractions are season-specific, while the others are evergreen. Some of them are completely free, while the others cost quite a lot because London is not cheap. In any case, I’m sure you’ll find many fun things to do in the capital of Great Britain.
Ever thought of taking a fun bus tour in the capital of the UK? Hop on hop off sightseeing bus tour in London is a living legend. It’s always a great idea to take it. They have over 60 stops on four different routes and that’s an excellent way to get acquainted with the city. The bus tours are among the most popular tourist attractions in London starting from £28. Night bus tours are also available in London starting from £21.
While planning a trip to a new city can be intricate and complex, there is a handy service which can help you to solve the puzzle. With Get Your Guide you can conveniently browse and instantly book any of the thousands of tours and attractions worldwide. Read the reviews in your language, use handy iOS or Android application, get quick access to additional information about the duration, pricing, and options, and enjoy dozens of other convenient features while planning your trip in a smart way. The service quickly confirms all bookings taking a weight off your mind and freeing your time for the other essential journey arrangements.
Top 3 Places to Visit
Union Chapel – a lovely music venue with a unique history! Islington’s nineteenth-century gothic revival church offers some very atmospheric music shows. They take place on Saturday nights and it’s really fun.
Granary Square – enjoy the stunning light show of dancing fountains, the unique architecture of University of the Arts London, redeveloped square itself, and some iconic restaurants nearby. The fountains operate from 8 am but I would seriously consider watching the fountain dances after the sunset.
Regent’s Park – boasts with one of the largest collections of roses in the whole country! There are over 12,000 roses on display, including inimitable Royal Parks rose. The most spectacular time of the year is early June. However, it can be enjoyed all-year-round. Amazingly, the collection can be observed free of charge!