|Address||Boothferry Park, Boothferry Road, Hull, HU4 6EU|
Boothferry Park was the home of Hull City for 56 years from 1946 to 2002, when they moved to the KCOM Stadium. The football stadium was located in Hull, the UK. The idea to build it was born in 1929, but the work began only in 3 years. However, due to certain financial problems, the progress was not as quick as desired. In 1939, new development projects were initiated so that the stadium could be prepared for football matches in 1941. The plan was not meant to come true due to WWII, during which, the Boothferry Park was used by a defense organization known as the Home Guard to repair military equipment. This worsened the condition of the ground, and after the war, it could not be used for the training and games. That is why Hull City had to return to the Boulevard.
The ground was ready for use in 1946, but it had only one stand. It still required lots of improvements. During the opening ceremony, the stadium was visited by 12,000 fans. In 1948, the highest attendance was more than 40,000 fans, and in one year, the stadium was visited by around 55,000 people. In 1951, the Boothferry Halt was opened aiming at increasing the space for football fans. The popularity of the ground was rapidly increasing, and, finally, the railway station was built.
Initially, the East Terrace was intended as a structure built for temporary use, but it became quite popular, so it was never replaced. The ground had 3 stands, so the proper lighting had to be installed.
A South Stand, a new 2-tiered structure, was built in 1965. It was the best of the stands found at the ground. Over the next several decades, the stadium hosted local and international football clubs. The last match of Hull City at the ground took place in 2002. In 2008, Boothferry Park was demolished.
Areas dedicated to away fans were part of the West stand and the North stand.